NISSAN TRUCK CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PROBLEM

1988 Nissan Truck • 200,000 miles

I have a 1998 Nissan D21 4 cylinder truck. The passenger side low beam stage of the headlight is out. Normally, I would just replace the bulb. However, the passenger side indicator light comes on on the passenger side when I turn on the headlights. The driver side indicator light does not come on when I turn the headlights on, put only the passenger one. The drivers side headlight works fine. I am just trying to figure out if this is a electrical problem that needs to be checked further or if I should just go ahead and replace the passenger side headlight bulb. Why are both indicator lights coming on or should they both be off? I also have a check engine light on the dash that will not go off and my mechanic says there is no reason for it to be on. I don't know if this is related or not. I just don't want to put money out for something that is not the problem. Thanks!
Sarahb1

First, what is the code for the check engine light

check for power to the connector for the headlight. If there is power, replace the bulb. The other issue may be a ground issue from the headlight not working.

Start there.

Thank you for your response. I do not know the check engine light code. I will find out. I will start with the bulb on the headlight and go from there.

Sarahb1