I ASKED A QUESTION ON WHY MY STARTER IS NOT MAKING START. HOW DO I FIX OR LOOK AT THE PINION ON THE FLEXPLATE?

1988 Jeep Cherokee

I asked a question on my 1988 jeep cherokee, I put the starter on and it makes a clicking sound. I believe that I put the starter in coreclty the way it goes in. Conected the wires to were they belong. Its still makes clicking noise when I turn the key to start the jeep. But it still does not start. I checked the gears adn they were fine. I was told to look at and check the pinion, what is that and were is that, and how do I fix or check it? Were is the flex plate?And how do I get to it to check the pinion?

thank you
scotty johnston
Piggyman42

Forget about the pinion. It has no effect at all.

Does the motor rotate? Can you turn it by hand? It may be locked up causing both your starters to just click.

I've answered you earlier-double check the battery connections and at the starter motor solenoid if everything okay-check and test the starter relay, transmission range switch and ignition switch check all of these and report back your findings unable to do-bring her in and have the pros look at it-this can be a nightmare for a DIY w/o an electrical experience