WHAT IS SPARK PLUG SOCKET SIZE OF THE

1988 Ford Festiva • 183,248 miles

New to working on cars, picked up 88 Ford Festiva for $350 last summer, lost job, got new job paying minimum wage with a 34 mile drive one-way. Only getting 25mpg, asked local shop cost for tune-up, they said $222.55 !

Went to parts store, got list of parts, only $65 total, replaced fuel filter, but my regular spark plug socket nor any of my other, larger deep sockets fit the plugs.

Looking for any and all instructions for doing my FIRST tune-up, and strting with 1988 Ford Festiva, which was supposed to get about 40mpg.

Thank you for any and all advice and patience as I learn.

Jake
Jakeervin

Spark plug sockets come in two sizes. 5/8 and 13/16. Just get the one that you don't have.
Be sure to just do one spark plug at a time so you don't get the wires mixed up. When you do the cap and rotor just remove one wire from the old cap at a time and install it on the new cap. This way you won't get them mixed up.

Promechanic