MY CLUNKS AND JERKS WHEN SHIFTING INTO AND OUT OF OVERDIRVE (AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.) ALL OTHER UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS ARE NORMAL.

1988 Ford F-150 • 75,000 miles

The problem seems to happen at all speeds.
Lynngrim

CHECK THE U JOINTS AND THE TRANS MOUNT

Cadieman
The ujoints don't clunk and the transmission doesn't jump when I change from Drive to Reverse, or Reverse to Drive.

Lynngrim
Sorry I seam to have dropped your question. This seams to be a internal problem in the trans. Its more noticed when your at higher speeds. Youll need to take it to a trans shop and let a specialist drive it. Fyi you only test the motor mounts with the rev to drive test. Use a pry bar to check if the trans mount is broken and u joints can clunk if they get bad enough. Ty for using 2carpros

Cadieman
I have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and the transmission now shifts 3-4 and 4-3 mormally.

Lynngrim
Lynngrm thank you for letting us know what the fix for your problem was. We appreciate you letting us know.

Rivermikerat