LOSS OF POWER

1988 Chevrolet Van • V8 2WD Automatic • 122,000 miles

I have a 1988 g20 3\4 ton van with the original motor and trany when I bought it it's response time on the throttle was great I changed almost every sensor in it and changed cap&rotor spark plugs and wires and frequent oil and trany fluid changes it don't tap or knock or smoke but I have loss of power and when I drive it for 15 to thirty miles the check engine light comes on but shuts off when I turn it off and on again until I drive that distance again. I'm lost no one around hear has the A-2 diagnostic module and I don't know where else to turn or what to fix so please you are my last hope what would be my delay.
Danielvini

Jumper the DLC terminal B to A

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.