TRUCK WON'T START

1988 Chevrolet S-10 • 170,000 miles

I have an 88' s10 4.3L that had a blown head gasket. I had the heads machined and put new gaskets and seals all around. I also replaced throttle body do to bad injecters and replaced cracked intake manifold. I also put new spark plugs and wires and new battery. Everything is put back together now but the truck just won't turn over. Any suggestions?
Reaper261

Are you getting spark and fuel to the engine? Is the fuel pressure within spec?

The truck seemed like it was going to start but the 3rd time I tried to turn it over absolutely nothing happened and the new injecters are squirting fuel into the engine

Reaper261
Check the available battery open voltage if low charge it till its 12.6 volts and retry-

Do you have a good hot spark? If you do, and the injectors are functioning properly, it should run. SOmething there has to be wrong or you have very low compression or it is out of time. See if it will start with starting fluid.

Make sure the distributor is in properly, sometimes after extensive work like a head Gasket its easy to put it out of time 180 degrees make sure cylinder #1 is at top dead center then place the distributor back in to place it should start but you'll have to make final adjustments with your timing light

Dshelly77