HOW CAN I START MY CAR WITHOUT USING THE IGNITION?

1988 Chevrolet Corsica • 120,000 miles

I think the ignition switch went out on my car cause when I turn the key I get nothing, not even power. The key acts like its not clicking where its suppose to. I need to get it started so I can move it out of the yard of the house I am working on and get it to a mechanic. I was wondering if there was any way to bypass the ignition switch?
Cabie0204

Do you have a test light or multimeter?So we can test the switch?ALso have you had the battery tested and made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Also have you checked all the fuses?

The key doesn't relay any power. Its not the battery. Is there a way to put a toggle switch or push button? Im almost positive whats wrong I just need to get it started so I can get it home and out of these peoples yard.

Cabie0204
Do you have a multimeter?So you can make sure theres power to the ignition switch?You can also make sure the power isnt going thru the switch. Why go and cut up all the wires and then find out hey it still doesnt start because I have no power to the switch or some other problem.I always look at it like this its better to test and see whats wrong and just fix it right. Then guess whats wrong and try to mickey mouse something. If its what you are guessing it will be easy to check and make sure and fix it right. Your going to have to take apart to mickey mouse it the same as check and see whats going on and just fix it the right way.