ENGINE COOLANT IS DISAPPEARING...

1988 Chevrolet Corsica • 565,473 miles

I have a 1988 chevy corsica with the 2.8L v-6. And my engine coolant is disappearing.I don't see it in the oil on dipstick and none on the ground. Where is it going?
Crashnbl

Most likely out the tail pipe. When a head gasket leaks coolant into the combustion chamber, it also lets combustion gases into the coolant. That can be detected with a special tool. It is a glass cylinder with two chambers partially filled with a special dark blue liquid. Air is drawn from the radiator through the liquid. If combustion gases are present, the liquid will turn bright yellow.

Another test is to add a small bottle of dye to the coolant. After driving for a sufficient length of time, you search with a black light. The dye will show up as a bright yellow stain that you can follow back to the source of the leak. Also search at the tail pipe with the black light.

The intake gaskets are real bad about leaking internaly

Bigjim79