S-10 2.8 WAS IDLING AT 1100 RPM FOR LONG TIME. DECIEDED TO TRY A NEW IAC VALVE. ALSO GOT A NEW TBI GASKET. INSTALLED THEM BOTH NOW THE IDLE IS AT 2000 RPM. IS THERE ANY THING I COULD CHECK BESIDES BRINGING TO A SHOP SO THEY CAN TEST USING THER

1988 Chevrolet Blazer • 44,000 miles

High idle blazer
4uzindian

Did you clean the IACV port and throtttle body-also look for a vacuum leak

Check idle adjustment. Check cold start valve.

Rivermikerat
I cleaned tb and checked for leaks. Lines are old though i'll probally replace some of them. To rivermike rat. I don't think ther is an idle adjustment screw on this tbi unit. I don't know what or where the cold start vavle is or how to check it. I did this monday morning I took out new iac checked it was no more than one and one eight inch from base. I put the washer on, last post it was off. Turned the key to on for 10 seconds then to off. Started and it idled at 1500. Then I pulled the connector on that plug that screws into the manifold in front of the tbi unit. To my suprise the idle went down to 1100 rpm right where it's been for the last 4 years. Should I replace this sensor (what is it).

4uzindian
If I'm thinking of the right sensor, it's the manifold absolute pressure sensor. Check the voltage in this sensor. At idle, it should be lower than at higher RPMs.

Rivermikerat
That sounds easy do I unplug the connection and put the probes into the connector?

4uzindian
No. Keep it connected. Probe the back of the connector.

Rivermikerat
Itryed the voltage test, tihs is how I did it. The red lead from the tester to the white wire on the connector. Black lead from tester to black wire on connector. The voltage was higher at raised throtle than at low. I stuck saftey pins into it to do test. The sensor has a white and black wire coming out of it. Did I do these the right way?

4uzindian
Yes. And it appears the sensor is working properly. I've asked a colleague for some help.

Rivermikerat
I'm going to put a new iac valve in on saturday.I'll post when I get it done.

4uzindian
Page 1 of 2