CHEVY WIRING/FUEL PUMP

1988 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Manual •

Replaced wiring harness in 1988 S10 Blazer and have 2 wires that I dont know where they hook up, also fuel pump is not engaging

Court Jester

Where on truck are these mystery wires located?

Fixitmr
They're in the engine bay on the passengers side, however ive found the port for the latter one, it hooked in to the transmission

Court Jester
So the black plug has a home but the 1 with green/yellow wires is still homeless? Is the fuel pump working yet? Do you have old harness? Is there the same wire/plug on old harness?

Fixitmr
Its green and black. And no, pump is not working yet. But I looked on the fender where the relays are. And the new harness only has 2 where the old has 3 so im guessing that might be the issue now

Court Jester
When you say new do you mean new or just replacement used harness?

Fixitmr
Replacement used from a 88 S10 2.8L

Court Jester
So not exact same model vehicle?

Fixitmr
They should match up perfect. The blazer was based off the s10. All I bought was the engine and transmission.I'm guessing when I bought it it didnt have 100% of stuff included. Anywho how would I install the relay and wiring?

Court Jester
Could you explain exactly what the project consists of altogether? Are you installing a motor and trans into a vehicle and the wiring that is in it already is not matching up? Thanks

Fixitmr
Okay it burn on me a few months ago, I bought an engine to use the harness off it, replaced harness, using the engine that was in the blazer originally. The relays on the drivers side fender had 3 relays on it on the old harness, the new only has 2.

Court Jester
Page 1 of 2