WHAT CAUSES A MISS?

1988 Chevrolet Beretta • 240,000 miles

Recently I had my radiator changed but where it had leaked it sprayed on my coil pack and was missing as I got to the garage. They replaced my radiator but I knew there was a chance it shorted it out. At first couple of days it was ok then I noticed it started missing bad thru driving speed. Did it short my coil out like I feared?Taking it back monday to my garage to get checked.I assume that is the problem because the old radiator sprayed right onto the coil pack. The same thing happened a few years back when the water pump went.
Barry724

Coud be that and it cold be bad wires, dist cap etc.

Wires are a year old.I took plugs out and cleaned them and it helped but I am still skeptical that it has a short in one of the coils and arc's maybe. No dist. Cap just has coil pack with 3 sections 2 plugs each. May replace plugs with bosch platinum in case have a fouled plug. The miss I had was driving at 40 - 50 mph very consistent. Not sure other than getting coil tested.

Barry724
Been a while since i've worked on these. Got to tune o n site here and it will tell you how to chek system. But check fuel pressure as well it should be 41-47 psi

Yeah I heard you can take wire off coil plug one at a time and run motor and should see or hear sparking?Never thought about fuel pressure/pump issue though. Will take note.

Barry724