1988 Acura Legend Repair Question
Acura Legend Sensor Problem
scan for codes and check fuelpressure first
I got a code 1. 1 blink on both the under seat computer and the one by the footboard
I appreciate your feedback so much. I'm going to check solenoid valve A and B connections and clean them out put at fluids back on them back and see what happens. What should the other issues? Your help means so much
code 1 means an oxygen sensor but it doesn't say front or back here is the way to check it if you are mechanically inclined. you may need aharness adapter to do this though
Press Ctrl+F to find exact text
CODES 1 & 2 O2 SENSOR
1. Turn ignition off and reset ECU. Remove alternator sense fuse in under hood relay box for 10 seconds to reset ECU. Sta
pressure. See FUEL INJECTION article. Repair fuel system if not within specification. If fuel pressure is within specifi
2. Bring engine to operating temperature (cooling fan on). Hold engine speed at 1500 RPM for 15 minutes, without closing
this time. Check if "CHECK ENGINE" light is on and if LED is indicating Code 1 or Code 2. If not on, problem is interm
3. If light is on, disconnect indicated oxygen sensor connector. Attach voltmeter to vehicle ground and connector. With eng
temperature, momentarily open throttle wide open, then close throttle.
4. Voltage at wide open throttle should be greater than .6 volt, and less than .4 volt at full closed throttle. If not within sp
sensor. If voltage is within specification, proceed to next step.
5. Turn engine off and attach system checker harness between ECU and ECU connector. Using a voltmeter, connect negative terminal A18
6. For front oxygen sensor, attach positive voltmeter lead to connector terminal C12 and C10 for rear oxygen sensor. See
7. Start engine and warm to operating temperature. Momentarily open throttle wide open, then close throttle. Voltage at wi
greater than .6 volt and less than .4 volt at full closed throttle. If not within specification, repair wire between ECU and
specification, substitute a known good ECU. If condition is rectified, replace original ECU.
thank u so much. I'm going to try that first thing tomorrow. I forgot to mention that I have to change the front and rear valve cover gaskets at some point. would that effect the O2 sensor?
also forgot to mention when car warms up and is at idle all lights, electronics, heater fan slow down and dim. should I change the alternator because the voltage regulator is inside it?
I can't tell u how much help u r
try cleaning the battery terminal ens first for heater/lights etc. and no the valve cover gasket don't effect them.
Tachometer is now working since I checked all connections. I also added a good fuel cleaner to 1/4 tank of gas. hopefully that won't mess up the new O2 sensor. today im going to change the front 02 sensor and alternator was checked to be faulty so hopefully I have time for that too. also going to check continuity on the transmission console switch to see if that's y the gears aren't showing on dash. car still seems to be taking off in 2nd gear. do u think a good transmission fluid change and filter will help that or is it related to maybe faulty transmission console switch?
again I can't express how much ur help means to me. when everything is fixed can I make a donation?
I forgot to mention the S3 light is still blinking on the dasboard
if the trans is taking off in 2nd gear thre is a good possibility the trans is bad due to clutch/seal wear. that's probably whyyour s3 light is blinking.
the clutch/seal wear is in an automatic transmission? is there anything else I can do besides replace transmission?