SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT

1987 Toyota Pickup • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 89,000 miles

Cant Find My "ServiceEngine" Light Doesnt Come On When I Turn Ignition On. Someone May Have Tampered With It? 1987 Toyota Pick-up 4X4 4cyl. 5-Speed. How Do I Find Out For Sure? Also, Where The ---- Is The Fuel Filter On This Thing? The Engine Is A 22R.
CoolHandLuke1965

If this is a carbureted vehicle, there would be no MIL.

Fuel filter should be somwwhere near the firewall.

Laugh If U Want but, I Dont Know What A "MIL" Is? Surely It Doesnt Mean " Service Engine Light" Being Carbureted Or Not Wouldnt Have Anything To Do With That, Right?

CoolHandLuke1965
MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light, more commonly known as Check Engine Light (CEL ) or Service Engine Soon (SES).

Being carburetted means the light is not used in the system so you would not find it in the meter cluster.

O.K. Thank You. I didnt Know That. So, It Would Also Not Have The Diagnostic Terminal Or Codes, Or Anything Related To That. Would It?

CoolHandLuke1965
It would have the DLC if it has the feedback carburettor system. The DLC is for testing the variuos emission control components.

There would be no trouble codes to look out for.