TOYOTA COROLLA RADIATOR PROBLEM

1987 Toyota Corolla • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 137,000 miles

Hi when I drive my car inside the city the engine stay in a proper heating condition and the heat meter stay little bit lower than half of its indication but when I drive it into the highway the temperature meter comes down as its been never heated before and after that when I try to clutch and brakes together for reducing speed the engine goes off. Remarks its a 2 e carburetor engine. Recently I have installed a dual layer radiator on it. Please give me the suggestion. Thank you.
Rejwan

Did you change the thermostat?

You went to a larger radiator. That will directly effect the temp to be lower as the oem radiator is a single row.

Hi you asked did I change the thermostat? No I did not but I will and if it doesn't fix the prob should I change the radiator from dual to single layer cause the original was the single layer radiator.

Rejwan