MAZDA 626 BATTERY PROBLEM

1987 Mazda 626 • 234,500 miles

I noticed the other day a slight noise coming from the dash area. For the first time today it was a little harder of a start, usually it just turns right over but it seemed to ugh a second prior to turning over. Today after I drove about 20 minutes on the highway I was then in the city and (so more stop and go) suddenly a very loud buzzing began and all of the warning lights went on. I drove a short distance before parking for about 4 1/2 hours. It started right up after with buzzing in. It seemed to change with speed and went away at 50 mph on the highway. When I entered city driving again and went below 40 it started in again but lighter and not all dash lights on. It seems also that it eases up if I ride the rpm higher before shifting gears.
Could this be a basic fuse issue? Timing? (I did have the belts replaced about 300 miles ago) Ignition? Or Battery connectivity?
These are the things I thought first to check but thought I would ask a more expert opinion before I dig in. Thank You for helping.
RayeStefan

Check grounds and battery condition first. Then scan for codes