HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE IGNITION CYLINDER?

1987 Ford F-150

Tilt steering, 4 speed manual, mfi, 5.0 - I lost the keys to the truck and then my moronic friend tried to jam a flat head screw driver in the ignition to start it and broke it so now I need a new one but now how do I remove the old one?
DrAMP14

Does the cylinder turn?

No its stuck in the lock position

DrAMP14
I posted how to replace the igniton cylinder.

How stiff is that thing suppose to be? I just don't wanna wreck nothing.

DrAMP14
What thing are we talking about?

The lock retainer pin

DrAMP14
With the key in the run position it should just push in.

I DON'T THINK HE CAN INSERT KEY AND TURN IT TO "ON".....IN ORDER TO PUSH THE RETAINER PIN

THINK ANYTHING IN THIS ANSWER MIGHT AID HIM?

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-saab-9-5-key-won-t-turn-ignition

I'LL LET YOU DECIDE IF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA ON THIS ONE........YOU KNOW "CARS" BETTER THAN ME.

I thought he read the part in the directions about having to turn the key the run position to remove it.I know he couldnt turn especially after hammer a screwdriver in the cylinder. Your going to have to drill the cylinder to get it to turn. Drill out the top of key hole and bottom to remove all the tumblars. Dont break a bit in the cylinder or you will have to get the piece out and get another bit and keep drillin.

I HAVEN'T DRILLED ONE IN A WHILE--AND YOU KNOW I WILL TAKE PICS WHEN I DO!

MINE'S GETTING A LITTLE WORN AND THE KEYS WILL JUST SNATCH OUT--THE CYLINDER WILL TURN W/O KEYS IN IT. UNLESS YOU DO SOME JIGGLING TO LOCK THE WHEEL

I HATE THE "DEGREES" OF UNCOMFORTABLE WRIST TURNAGE ANYWAY---SOON I WILL GET RID OF THE CYLINDER AND PLUG THE HOLE!

MY PLAN IS TO INSTALL 4 TOGGLE SWITCHES

1) HIDDEN MASTER ON/OFF. UNDER THE DASH

2) ON DASH--IGNITION W/ THE RED "FLIP SAFETY COVER" (ON/OFF)

3) ON DASH--ACCESSORIES--"FLIP SAFETY COVER" (ON/OFF)

4) ON DASH--"S" (CRANK--TO THE SOLENOID)---THIS WILL BE A MOMENTARY CONTACT TOGGLE W/ NO SAFETY COVER

YES, I WILL DEFINITELY BE SOMETHING I GET PICS OF!

ANYWAY. SORTA BORED, SO I MADE A PIC/DIAGRAM OF DRILLING OUT THE CYLINDER. USED A PIC OF THE F-150 CYLINDER

Page 1 of 2