WHY ARE THE FUEL PUMPS RUNNING WITH THE KEY OFF AND OUT OF THE SWITCH

1987 Ford F-150 • 200,500 miles

My truck has dual tanks and which ever tank is selected and the inline pump continue to run with the switch off also the relay buzzs while the key is off I am totally at a loss over this issue any help will be greatly appreciated
Dixon1

POSSIBLE FUEL PUMP RELAY'S CONTACTS ARE STUCK TOGETHER

SOMETIMES A GOOD THUMP WILL KNOCK 'EM LOOSE

IF SO, REPLACE IT ANYWAY---I'LL DO IT AGAIN

Ok brand new relay, still same issue fuel pump running with the switch off. Changed with the battery disconnected to avoid shorting out the new relay.

Dixon1
I NEED YOUR ENGINE SIZE

I "MIGHT" BE ABLE TO GET THE WIRING DIAGRAM(S) FOR THE FUEL SYSTEM

MANY TIMES A VEHICLE OF THAT AGE DOES NOT SHOW UP IN MITCHELL I

YOURS DOES---I WANNA INSURE I GET YOU THE CORRECT DIAGRAM, AND NOT CONFUSE YOU WITH 4 OR 5 THAT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO YOUR TRUCK

IMMA JEEP CJ KINDA GUY, I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MY DAD'S '86 THUNDERBIRD----IT HAD 2 FUEL RELAYS

MITCHELL USUALLY HAS LOCATIONS OF COMPONENTS LABELED BESIDE THE SYMBOLS ON THE DIAGRAM. EZ TO READ AND TO FIND STUFF

EVEN IF THERE IS NOT A 2ND RELAY, YOU WILL EZily SEE EVERY ELECTRICAL COMPONENT IN THE SYSTEM, AND MIGHT COME UP WITH "WHAT ELSE" COULD BE CAUSING THE VOLTAGE TO CONSTANTLY FEED THE PUMP

I WAS ON-LINE WHEN YOU RESPONDED, I MAY STILL BE ON IF YOU RESPOND SOONRIGHT NOW, MITCHELL I IS STILL PULLED UP WITH YOUR INITIAL INFO

YOUR TURN

Sorry cant believe I left that out 302 efi

Dixon1
The pcm grounds the fuel pump relay. If you remove the relay, do the pumps turn off?

I JUST GOT BACK IN FROM A FUNERAL KINDA CHOW DEAL THINGEE FOR A FRIEND OF MY FAMILY

I'M ABOUT TO SEARCH FOR YOUR INFO

THE SITE OUTTA "PROMPT" ALL THAT KINDA INFO FROM YOU WHEN YOUR QUESTION IS SUBMITTED. SO FAR, THEY HAVEN'T INCORPORATED IT IN. THINGS LIKE "LX"--"LTD"--"SE" SOMETIMES MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU LOOK FOR INFO

I'LL BE BACK SOON AS I GET IT

2ND ATTEMPT TO SEND THIS

1-4) ENGINE COMPARTMENT

5) ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND UNDER DASH

6) UNDER DASH AND INSTRUMENTS

7) REAR COMPARTMENT AND ACCESSORIES

I'M SURE THESE WILL NOT BE CLEAR ON THIS SITE---I WILL SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO PRIVATELY OBTAIN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSTHEY ARE VERY CLEAR IN MY DOWNLOADS

TO GET TO MESSAGES

AT TOP OF THIS PAGE CLICK YOUR USERNAME> PAGE COMES UP> LOOK LEFT---YOU WILL SEE MESSAGES. YOUR INFO IS NOT BROADCAST WORLD WIDE IN THERE

I CANNOT SEND ALL IN ONE SHOT ON THIS SITE (I JUST TRIED, LOST A NOVEL I WROTE YOU)---SO I WILL DO 2 POSTS

I CANNOT COPY CHARTS IN MITCHELL I---SO IF YOU NEED TO KNOW A COMPONENT LOCATION, TELL ME WHAT IT IS, I WILL SEARCH THE CHARTS AND PASS IT ON BACK TO YOU

IF YOUR TRUCK IS A KEEPER---YOU MIGHT WANNA DO LIKE I DID, WITH YOUR DIAGRAMS---MAKES IT SO EZ!

SEE JANUARY 4TH ON THIS POST---MY REPLY THAT STARTS OUT, "OK HERE'S THE DEAL"

MESSAGE SHOULD BE A MINUTE OR SO AFTER I POST THESE 2 POSTS

567

I'M S.CREWIN' IT ALL UP!

I WROTE THIS PREVIOUSLY:

THIS IS THE LINK:

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1977-jeep-cj5-ignition-trouble

Nice job CJ