WHERE IS THE ADJUSTMENT BOLT FOR THE POWER STEERING ON THE LOCATED AT?

1987 Chevrolet Nova • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 163,000 miles

How do I adjust the power steering belt on my 1987 Chevy Nova/Import?
ChevyNova1988

It s been a long time since I ve seen one but if I recall correct it has a serpentine belt and went and look at the belt diagram and it shows one belt
Where you have a tensioned and no adjustment for the PS

BMRFIXIT
The 1987 Chevy Nova/Import has three separate drive belts. And going by Hayes Repair Manual the picture it shows I do not see the power steering adjustment bolt on mine and the new belt needs tightening. Thanks for your help.

ChevyNova1988
Found this picture on an import model not sure if it will applies on your car
Let me know
Try and take a picture if possible to refresh my memory

BMRFIXIT
Okay I try to get a picture. But the car is the last of the Chevy Nova/Import. They were made from 1985 through 1988 or 1989. The engine is a 4A-LC made Toyota.

The power steering belt goes to the water pump pulley. Air compressor belt goes to the idler pulley and crankshaft pulley. And the alternator belt goes to the water pump pulley.
This car carries only three drive belts.

Your picture looks good, but the power steering belt goes to only two pulleys. I will still double check tomorrow.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

ChevyNova1988
Or maybe this

BMRFIXIT
Hi there. I found the adjustment bolt on the 1988 Chevy Nova/Import. It is on the drive belt end on the 4A-LC engine. I seen the the picture in the Chevrolet Nova & Geo Prizm, 1985 thru 1992 Haynes Repair Manual on page 2B-9.

If I figure out how to email you a picture of that 4A-LC engine, I will surely send you one. Again thank you for your knowledge and pictures. You have been a big help.

ChevyNova1988
Now I see why I could not find the bracket that typically holds the power steering belt adjuster bolt. It is not on the car. No where to be seen.

I am going try to go the junk yard this weekend to get the bracket.

ChevyNova1988
Best of luck let me know

BMRFIXIT
I have not too long left Pick-n-pull junkyard. I found the bracket on a 1986 Chevy Nova/Import. Only three bolts were holding the bracket in place. Two stationary bolts and the other bolt was the adjustable bolt.

I have already put the bracket on the car. It works fine. Of course, I used a long bar to adjust the belt.

A good junk yard web-site to know is Pick-n-pull. Com. You can literally check to see and find out how much the cost and if the car is available all on the computer. It has junk yards all over the United States.

Sorry about not getting the pictures to you. That is an area I need practice. Thank you for help, I truly appreciate it.

ChevyNova1988