OIL EXPANSION PUG

1987 Chevrolet Celebrity • 10,000 miles

Where is the oil expansion plug located on my 2.8 liter engine
Sunybuck

You mean drain plug?

Docfixit
No I dont mean drain plug I know where that is. I asked where the oil expansion plug is located. Big difference. Not a freeze plug either. There are other holes in the engine block that provide acess to the interior of the engine. I think this is located next to the oil pressure switch on top of the engine under the throtle body but im not sure. Thank you, rick

Sunybuck
O.K. Oil galley expansion plugs are located at front and rear of block covered by front cover and trans also one at rear deck in block covered by head. What are you trying to do? Add mechanical oil guage?

Docfixit
No I need to replace the plug under the throtle body next to the oil pressure swith because oil is leaking around it. I would like to know if there something more complicated to removing and replacing the plug other than driving one side in and twisting it out with a pair of plyers. Also is there anything else to do when replacing the plug other than appling sealant around it and driving it back in place? Thanks for your time and responses, rick

Sunybuck
That is correct proceedure use Permatex #2

Docfixit
I found out the oil was leaking from a bad o-ring seal on the oil pump drive shaft which was under the aluminum cap I mistook for a an expansion pug. Replaced o-ring and repaired cap with some Quik Steel. No oil leak know. Maybe this info will help someone else. FYI. Oil pump drive shaft is located under the throtlle body in place of a distributor Great web site.

Sunybuck