WONT HOLD CHARGE HAVE TO JUMP OFF

1987 Cadillac Fleetwood • V8 2WD Automatic • 78,876 miles

Hello my 1987 Cadillac d'elegance wont hold a charge, new alternator and battery installed sits for a few hours and I will have to jump it to start, if I put a load on it example turn hear lights and radio on I will hear a buzz and if I cut it off I will have to jump it so my question is whats my problem?
Caddyman1108

Check your fuse in your fuse block. It's on the left side under dash, If not that there is an electronic module on the right side o fdash that may be going bad. Make sure there is ower to the alternator and not poor power. One lead should go t battery and other to the starter solenoid. The white or gray wire leads to the electronic module. But also check yoru battery grounds as the normal battery ground goes to the fender behind the battery. You migh talso hook a ground up to the engine block from the battery as the starter may be getting a poor ground causing the problem.

And if all else fail?

Caddyman1108
And thanks mrhmac im 18 and love cadillacs but this is stumping me

Caddyman1108
If all else fails take it to a qualified mechanic and see what they can come up with. It's'very hard to diagnose electrical problems here via the internet. Besides you could have a bad draw on your battery which if you go to the diy section on the site it will tell you how to check it. Also the battery may be the wrong size or not able to take a load and they will check for that as well.