REPAIR FOR ODOMETER

1986 Volvo 240 • 26,500 miles

Odometer has stopped reading, cost to replace gear is +425.00. Found an entry online saying possible to buy the gear and pictorial to replace it. It sent me to you.
Help.
Thank you,
Gail
Gail Mortensen

Try odometergears. Com they sell odometer gears and have instructions on replacing the gears.I have used there site before to repair odometers.

Thank you! Checking now.

Gail Mortensen
Dunno the cost due to it varies with location-Sorry

If speedometer works and odometer does not, or odometer works and speedometer does not, the unit is faulty and must be replaced. If both stop working at the same time, speedometer drive gear or cable is usually the cause. Check drive gear and cable. Replace defective parts as necessary.

ODOMETER REPLACEMENT

When replacing the odometer, an information sticker, p/n 9128766-4, must be completed. See Fig 1. Fill in the appropriate date and mileage/kilometers on the sticker and apply sticker to a clean area on driver's door edge.

Information regarding the replacement of the odometer should be entered in the Maintenance Records Booklet

Thank you rasmataz. The speedometer works; odometer does not. My mechanic inspected, said cabling was fine, it was gear in odometer. Mechanic says has to send out odometer to get it repaired, cost for that is over +250. Looking for a way to handle this that I can afford. Tks v much for info re sticker. Did not have that at all.

Gail Mortensen