WHY DOESNT MY BRAKES BLEED PROPERLY?

1986 Pontiac 6000 • 135,000 miles

I have a 1986 pontiac 6000. The master cylinder has four ports (2 with proportioning valves). I changed the m/cyl and tryed to bleed the brakes. Only one front and one rear would bleed. The other 2 would not let the pedal depress down thus reducing stoping. The pedal is hard to depress and the vacuum booster is good. Help.
Bobstuck

Did you bleed the master before hooking all the lines up?

Yes. I was told to plug the two ports with the proportioning valves then bleed the two top ports.

Bobstuck
Thats how you bleed the master?

I master was bleed properly could it be a bad master cyl?

Bobstuck
Did you bleed the master back into itself with hoses till there wasnt anymore air left?Also why did you replace the master?

Yes. I replaced it because the pedel was slowly going to floor. Then out I had a leaky front hose. Should I rebleed the master?

Bobstuck
I would did the new master come with a bleed kit?

Bobstuck
Did you use the kit to bench bleed it before hooking the lines up to the car?

Lets start over. I bleed the master cyl using the kit provided. The instructings said to plug the lower ports with the proportioning valves and use the hoses o; n the upper ports. In which after doing I located a leaking front hose. Shoud I have rebleed the master cylinder?

Bobstuck