RELAY QUESTIONS

1986 Nissan 300ZX • 29,700 miles

What do the letters "ASCD" mean on my relay diagram?
Chendryx

Automatic speed control device, it works the cruise control

ProAutoTech
Ok, so if my cruise doesn't work, or for that matter, not even come on, that would be the first place to check. My cruise switch actually looks like it turns on, meaning the light comes on the dash, but I can't get the buttons on the steering wheel to set the cruise, or to work the factory radio. Any suggestions?

Chendryx
I think it is more in the steering wheel since you have two unrelated parts not working, well related only by thier location on the wheel.

ProAutoTech
I was thinking that as well, but i'm just a parts changer. Thanks for your help

Chendryx
In that case, find your car in the junk yard and start swapping parts.

ProAutoTech
If the 2nd cruse-control light on the dash dosen't light when you try to set with the lever switch button, it most likely is the plastic button is broken and fell out of the hole of the brake pedal under the dash. There are two switches there that are pushed by the brake pedal. The one at the top is for your brake lights, the one at the bottom is for the cruse-control to disengage.

Rontrovato