BATTERY LOSING ITS CHARGE

1986 Nissan 300ZX • 200,000 miles

So I thought my alternator was going out, because my electrical slowly diminished to the point I couldn't start the car. So I replaced that, it was good for about a day, then the charge started decreasing in the battery and then I lost all electrical and now back to square one? What now? Battery is not quite a year old keep in mind, and its CCA is about 10 less than the one before it.
Zoso3737

You need to check for a draw on the battery. If there is none, check the fuseable link between the battery and alt to make sure it is good.

Have can you test voltage at battery with car running to see if it's around 14+ volts?

Fixitmr
Ya, the display on the car initially after replacing the alternator showed about 14 volts, however as the neared the end, it suddenly dropped to 11 volts and eventually died all together.

Zoso3737
Have the alternator tested at store.

Fixitmr
Pull the alternater and take it into the store have them check iy

BILLYBOB
You can get it started then pull the cable off the positive post if it dies then you know for sure its the alternater

BILLYBOB
Dont leave it off for long as over voltage may fry something in system. I actually dont recommend this maneuver.

Fixitmr