MITSUBISHI MIGHTY MAX BATTERY PROBLEM

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max • 100,000 miles

Goin' nuts trying to find a main fuse or fusible link in this truck. Been poking around with a test light to no avail. Help! (Dead in driveway. Loaded with a dump run)

Sethponek

So no power to anything?

New battery, no juice in the cab at the fusebox at the driver kick panel. Not much under the hood beyond the main battery cable. I'm willing to chase it and get greasy, but just wanted to know where they put it, and what I'm looking for. I've hit both sides of everything that looks like it should have voltage, and I'm losing patience. : O) thanks.

Sethponek
What do you think?. Will I make the dump by 3pm pst?

Sethponek
I have been trying to find a wire diagram that shows the power feed from the battery to ignition switch.I see a fuseable link that goes to the alternator but that wouldnt take out all the power. The older vechiles there isnt alot of wire diagrams sometimes available to me. Your going to have to follow the postive battery cable feeds to the fuse box etc. Look for corrison loose connections etc. The fuseable links look differnet the other wires and will be spliced in. Also check and make sure the ground battery cable is good and tight no corrisson etc.

Yeah, this sounds like just what I've been doing. The main battery lead dives down beside the motor into a spot with poor visibility. May have to get the thing up on ramps to get a good look. The grounds look good, but I'll continue to scrub and resecure.

Sethponek
So the positive cable dives down out of sight?If so then its going to the starter. The one I would be looking at would be the positive lead going to the fuse box. Isnt that truck the same as the dodge ram 50 or d50?