4.9 STRAIGHT 6 300. JUST REPLACED OIL PAN SEAL.

1986 Ford Bronco • 173 miles

Ok here it goes again, I just replaced the oil pan seal in my 1986 bronco. After I replaced it, the exhaust or intake valves are ticking really bad, Which makes me think they aren't oping all the way or not opening at all. Did the oil pump lose prime and when it lost prime it got an air bubble some where? Can anyone help me out
Delton

Have the oil pressure checked. Was the oil strainer clean when you removed the oil pan?

What oil grade did you use?
Oil would not have any bubbles as it is under pressure all the time and would self bleed as soon as the engine is running.

Yes and it has high oil pressure which is normal for this motor. And I used 10W30. The oil strainer was surprisingly very clean.

Delton
Hydraulic lash adjusters can fail anytime. Mostly they would work intermittently resulting in tapping noises and might go away and come back, unless it has failed completely.

Well since then It has gone away, Never figured out what it was. Thanks for all the Information though

Delton