IM NOT SURE WHERE TO START.

1986 Cadillac Fleetwood • 117,000 miles

I TURN THE VEHICLE OVER IT STARTS WITH NO PROBLEM. ONCE WARMED UP IT RUNS VERY SMOOTH IN PARK. IF I PUT IT IN DRIVE IT RUNS SPARATIC SMOOTH THEN ROUGH THEN SMOOTH AGAIN ALMOST LIKE A SURGE. IT ALSO DOES THE SAME IN REVERSE. WHEN I GIVE IT GAS IT STALLS AND WHEN I RESTART IT IT STARTS RIGHT BACK UP AND SAME PROCESS AGAIN, ENDING IN A STALL. ON ANOTHER NOTE THE REPAIRS I HAVE CONDUCTED IS: NEW REMANUFACTURED BENCH FLOW ADJUSTED CARBURATOR, WITH ALL NEW PARTS INSIDE. IT WAS FLOW TESTED PRIOR TO PUTTING ON. NEW MAP SENSOR, NEW PCV VALVE, NEW FUEL FILTER, NEW CAP ROTOR AND WIRES PLUGS, NEW EXHAUST, NEW AIR FILTER, I HAVE RUN BG FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER THROUGH IT ALSO. IT IS LOW ON FUEL AT THE MOMENT AND SITS ON A HILL WITH FRONT END POINTED DOWNHILL. BUT IT STARTS BACK UP WITH NO HESITATION DESPITE BEING LOW. RAN A CODE DIAGNOSTIC FIXED ALL CODES, COMPUTER GIVES POSITIVE FEEDBACK THAT IT IS ONLINE EVERYTIME. BUT NO NEW CODES HAVE BEEN GIVEN SINCE REPAIRS WERE DONE. NT SURE IF THIS IS A TIMING ISSUE, IGNITION, OR FUEL. PLEASE HELP THIS IS VERY IRRITATING. THE CAR RUNS EXTREMELY SMOOTH IN PARK WITH NOT EVEN A VIBRATION AND OFF AND ON WITHOUT VIBRATION WHEN IN DRIVE OR REVERSE. THIS VEHICLE HAS VERY GOOD POTENTIAL WHEN IT RUNS CORRECTLY. THANK YOU
CADILLACMAN28

Is this a feedback carbuerator?

Nt sure wats the difference

CADILLACMAN28
Is it a carbuerator or fuel injected engine

Its fuel injected. If the codes were cleared. Push off and warmer buttons on the a/c panel. When you see all segments light release. Than write down the hard codes still in the cpu. Then come back

Cadieman
The way I pulled codes b4 was thru the upper dashboard check engine light its the rear wheel drive version 5.0 litre de elegance. It has an obd 1 plug just underneath the ashtray it detcts cofes by blinking the check engine light in numbered sequences and has a booklet with it to cross reference it. Is doing thru the warmer buttoms another way to pull codes on that model? Its the big body fleetwood 4 door.

CADILLACMAN28
Its a quadrajet 4 barrel direct injection throttle body.

CADILLACMAN28
Cadillac fleetwood brougham de elegance 5.0 litre v8

CADILLACMAN28
It could be front or rear wheel drive.

Cadieman
Oh ok I tried it it didnt do anything. Will it give me codes thru the check engine light blinking on and off or will it give them thru my digital ac/heat screen. And do I need to hook up my obd 1 reader b4 I push the off button and warmer button together

CADILLACMAN28
It is a rear wheel drive for sure.

CADILLACMAN28
Page 1 of 2