TOYOTA PICKUP IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM

1985 Toyota Pickup • 93,000 miles

When I turn ignition off and take the key out the the ignition it stays in the accessory mode with the clock and stereo still on. Do I need a new ignition switch or is it something else in the steering column?
Roboconn

Could be the ignition switch or the ignition cylinder lock-open and investigate

How do I remove the ignition lock cylinder to replace it?

Roboconn
See below

Disconnect battery ground cable

NOTE: Steering wheel removal is optional if only ignition switch portion is being removed. Removal of wheel makes access to ignition switch easier.

Remove screws retaining upper and lower column covers and disconnect any electrical couplings not detached during steering wheel removal.
NOTE: On some models, removing only lower cover will provide access to ignition switch. For easier access, however, removal of both cover halves is recommended.

Remove turn signal switch assembly (only if column lock assembly is being removed). Remove mainshaft bearing retainer and snap ring (if required).

Disengaging Key Cylinder From Position on Mainshaft
Insert key and turn ignition to "ACC" position. Using pointed tool to press down stop pin on side of cylinder, free mechanism and pull cylinder from housing.