ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SPUR DASHBOARD PROBLEM

1985 Rolls Royce Silver Spur • 53,500 miles

My question is twofold: my low beam won't switch over to high beam. The high beam only functions when I keep the steering column stalk pushed up. As soon as I release it, the lights go back to low beam.
Secondly two sections of my dashboard (ignition and ac display) are not illuminated. How do I change the bulbs?

We dont' have any info for this car at all. But, if you have to hold the switch in then the switch may be bad like a piece of plastic broken that holds the switch in when you put it into high beam. To change teh bulbs you will have to feel around the back of hte dash and they either puh into a receptable that will pullout of dash to change them or it will twist out and you replace the bulb. If the bulb pushes intot the receptable it may be just a twist out but if it screws into the rectable then it may pull out. Just don't get crazy trying to move the bulbsout so you don't break anything.

Dear Sir,
I have the answer to your question, I see you asked it 2 months ago, I hope you have not paid too much to a Garage as fault finding this one is a nightmare, Your problem is the switch over relay, It cost around £50.00 for a new one from Flying Spares (uk) it you need more info drop me a line at seismichero@hotmail. Com ( I had the same problem with my Spirit and it took me 3 days to figure it out and Iam a mechanic).

John beattie