I'VE BEEN OFFERED A NOT RUNNING.

1985 Nissan 300ZX • 190,000 miles

I've been offered a '85 Nissan300ZX but is not in running conditions, Should I take the chance and buy it ($750)? Will it be expensive trying to repair it?
And at the same time been offered a Volvo '86 in running conditions with only 130k.
Thank you,
Regards,
Andrew
1985Nissan

If you need a dependable vehicle, the volvo may be a better choice. However, they can be expensive to repair. As far as the Nissan, any idea why it doesn't run?

If its me -I'll take the Volvo it can go another 60K's miles to reach the Nissan accumulated mileage-I don't buy a car if its not in running condition-I don't want surprises in the long run-

Well, I may be partial (as an '86 300zx owner), but I say get the Nissan! Volvo's are generic, but the 300zx is very desireable. Even if you have to drop a new motor in it for a few thousand dollars. They can sell for well over ten thousand dollars in nice condition. I guess it just depends on if you need a drivable car now or not. PS. 300z's are great fun to drive (when running), and are excellent at turning heads everywhere you go!

CReed