NISSAN 300ZX BATTERY PROBLEM

1985 Nissan 300ZX • 186,000 miles

My car was running perfectly fine up till I decided to replace the belts leading to the A/C compressor, the Alternator and the Power steering pump and now when I go to start it it just will not turn over, I am pretty savy with theese cars and for the life of me cannot figure out what happened, please help.
Dylanmorris5678

IF IT AIN'T DOIN' NUTHIN----MAYBE YOU PULLED THE "S" WIRE OFF OF THE STARTER OR ANOTHER CONNECTION LOOSE SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINEMAYBE EVEN TOOK THE GROUND LOOSE FROM THE ENGINE........SEE IF SOMETHING IS DANGLING

DID YOU TAKE THE BATTERY LOOSE WHILE PERFORMING THE TASK----IF NOTMAYBE YOU SHORTED SOMETHING (MAYBE NOT REALIZING IT) .........IF THIS IS A POSSIBILITY, CHECK YOUR FUSES AND FUSIBLE LINKS, SEE IF THEY ARE BLOWN

OTHER THAN THAT----MAYBE IT'S A CONNECTION PROBLEM THAT YOU AGGRAVATED.......SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

LEMME KNOW HOW IT'S GOING

Are you able to crank without firing up or it refuses to crank?

It cranks either once, or not at all when I try to turn the key, I will check the fuses, but it seems as though for some reason the starter went out. But I was no where near the rear of the engine, only the front where the belts all are.

Dylanmorris5678
STILL SOUNDING LIKE A BATTERY OR CONNECTION ISSUE TO ME

WITH IT TURNING OVER........SOME............THAT'S RULING OUT THE WIRE PULLED LOOSE THEORY

CAN YOU TEST YOUR BATTERY VOLTAGE YOURSELF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzz7P3qNHcE

BETTER STILL HAVE A FULL BLOWN TEST PERFORMED ON IT AT AN AUTO PARTS STORE (SEE PIC)....USUALLY THIS IS A FREE SERVICE......IN OR OUT OF THE VEHICLE

IF IT'S NOT THE BATTERY, AND STILL WANTS TO TURN OVER (JUST WON'T).......I'M GOING WITH A BAD STARTER OR BAD CONNECTION

AGAIN, IF YOU SNATCH IT OFF, A POPULAR PARTS STORE, WILL TEST IT FOR FREE

OR RUN BACK THRU MY "TOUGH LOVE" POST AGAIN......MANY PEOPLE SEEM TO BECOME "BLIND" WHEN IT COMES TO SCRUTINIZING THEIR OWN CONNECTIONS.

NOT LONG AGO, A FELLER TOLD ME HE WAS HAVING A "CRANK UP ISSUE".....AND THAT HE HAD "CHECKED EVERYTHING"

I OPENED THE HOOD OF A CARPOINTED TO THE "HEAPING PILES" OF WHITE AND GREENISH POWDERY STUFF ALL OVER THE BATTERY POSTS AND CLAMPS

I SAID, "WONDER WHAT THAT STUFF IS???"

HE SAID, " I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD KNOW, BUT I DON'T THINK IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT STARTING"

SEE WHAT I MEAN??????

ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF---NOT JUST "LOOK" THEN COMMENT ON IT!

So I found out that I knocked loose the grounding cable from the battery, but now that it fires up and all it misses at higher rpm's and if I let it idle long enough it starts dipping into the 350 rpm range when it should be running at 700 rpm at idle. Any reasons for this? Could it still be the connections to the wires? Because I checked a lot more conections after that and they all were clean, I even took off most of them and checked, all clean, plus all the fuses are good too.

Dylanmorris5678
TOLD YOU. NOW YOU OWE ME LUNCH!

MAYBE YOU LOST YOUR IDLE MEMORY

TAKE IT DOWN A DESERTED 55 MPH ROAD

GET 'ER UP TO ABOUT 55 MPH---LET GO OF THE GAS PEDAL AND COAST IT DOWN TO IDLE---NO BRAKING

SEE IF IT RELEARNS PRETTY QUICK

KEEP IT COMING

YOU MIGHT ALSO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY PRIOR TO THIS "IDLE RELEARN"----CHARGE IT FULLY 100% THEN RECONNECT IT TO THE VEHICLE---THIS MIGHT RESET THE COMPUTER

Try cleaning the throttle body and IAC valve.