FUEL GAUGE DROPS WHEN TURN LEFT,

1985 Honda Civic • 18,000 miles

There sounds like there is a lot wrong with it. But when I turn left my fuel gauge drops and doesn't rise up unless I turn right, I've had some work done on It. I had it timed again cause it was fuming gas, after that it was fine. I wasn't able to get above 45 mph. Also the timing belt, and The exhaust under the car was clogged, so I replaced that. And I replaced the catalytic converter. It drives fine other than the fuel gauge issue. Oh and I replaced the radiator cap, cause the mechanic said that it was bad and not holding pressure, and so it was sending my antifreeze into the reservoir. But when I did it And toped my radiator off I didn't see bubbles signaling my thermo was opening.
Civicnoob

Have the fuel sending unit checked-start here

Hi you need a fuel sending unit this is in the fuel tank this will fix the fuel guage. If the resavoir and the radiator are full and your heat and temp is ok then no prob with the radiator.

Billymac
No the I just ran it with the new cap, and toped it off again. But then it started kinda jeting out the side of the cap. Again before placing the cap on and it was running when I toped it off no bubbles. Different? Though do I have to start a new thread if It's a different issue with my car?

Civicnoob
Is your car overheating? Is it overflowing the tank?Just trying to understand exactly what the question is. Thanks

Billymac
Car is kinda overheating, and yes it is overflowing the radiator

Civicnoob
Wait for engine to cool.

Remove the radiator cap and check the coolant level. If level is low, top up. If you did not loosens the bleeder nut at the upper hose joint, or is it the thermostat housing, do so and wait for coolant to flow through before tightening the bleeder again. Top up and start engine, if level drops top up till it stabilises and close radiator cap.

If after bleeding and problem persists, you most probably has a blown head gasket.

Btw, are the cooling fans working when it overheats?

No the fan doesn't turn on. Know where I could find a head for it

Civicnoob
Yeah by the way the head has this blue stuff lining all around it? No idea what it is

Civicnoob
Cooling fan switch is at bottom of radiator. Unplug the 2 wires, bridge them and turn ignition switch on. If the fan starts working, you have a fault with the fan switch. It could also be a stucjk thermostat, though it could be new.