GMC C1500 ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

1985 GMC C1500 • 87,000 miles

I am in the process of replacing the waterpump on my 1985 GMC truck with a 305 V8 engine. I have removed the old waterpump but in order to replace it with the new one it looks like I should remove the bracket that holds the alternator in place but I'm concerned that the bolt holding it on may also be one that is used to bolt down the intake manifold. Please advise because it sure would make it go a lot better if I can get that bracket out of the way. Thank you.

Go ahead and remove that bolt. Intake bolts aren't torqued to the same high values as cylinder head bolts, and they don't have to be as precise. Use common sense when reinstalling that bolt. If you have compressed air, blow the bolt hole out first to be sure no debris fell inside that the bolt will butt up against giving a false sense of tightness.