NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP, CANT FIND FUSE OR RELAY, REPLACED RELAYS ON LEFT APRON AND REPLACED, NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP WIRE. HOW DOES A FUEL INJECTION PUMP

1985 Ford LTD • 18,000 miles

Replaced ething, no power to pump or wiring to pump, does it rum intermitanly or supose to run all the time. Tryn to just get power by other means now
Chipper10

After the engine is started, it should run all the time. Fuel pressure is regulated via the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump relay should be under the hood in a relay box.

Check the inertia fuel cutoff switch

No 1 seems to be able to find any other relays or fuses, Ive been doing this crap for 29 yrs and sum1 has destryd this car and the wiring. CAN I JUST RUN A HOT WIRE N GROUND TO THE FACTORY PUMP HARNESS PLUG( That goes to pump)
AND BE OK OR NOT?

Chipper10
If you do that, it will run all the time unless you take power from a switched component. Also, if the vehicle is in an accident, the pump will continue running which could be a serious fire hazard. I wound not recommend it.

My 1985 Ford LTD LX H.O. 5.0L E.F.I. Has the inertia fuel cutoff switch and fuel pump relay in the trunk above the right wheel well, I'm not an 'expert' about the other models.

Red hot scott