ALTERNATOR

1985 Ford F-150 • V8 2WD Automatic •

I ariganly had quistion about alternator, I did what you sais, load test it shows battery is good but not chargeing I took it to auto zone they said alt is chargeing im thinking voltage regulator on that same plug there is a little battery looking thing whith 1 wire is that a diode its on the voltage regulator plug its about a aa batery size and a little farther over on the fender passenger side theres anouther little thing it has 4 wires but its plastic and a little larger could 1 of these be bad
Shannonmeeker

Thank you for your help

Shannonmeeker
The voltage regulator is located on the passenger side, front side of shock tower, mounted on fenderwell. Tell me what is happening.

It turns off arter running for about an hour, have a new batery, new soilnoid, new 60 amp alternator, new fuel pump, new fuel filters, used starter but it starts fine, new ignition switch, new fuel relays, new fuses. Truck starts fine runs good after about a hour it just die; s acts like its outa gas then die; s, it has to be one of those outher things by the soilnoid, can you help

Shannonmeeker