HELLO MY TRUCK IS IDLING HIGH AROUND 12-1500 RPMS

1985 Ford Bronco • 120,000 miles

And when I throw it in drive it shuts off immediately. Any help would be appreciated. I tried adjusting the idle speed with the idle set screw however I cannot get it to the recommended 800 rpms it just dies out
Iccowboy34

Check the hoses and intake manifold gaskets for a vacuum leak. That will cause an increase in engine speed without a corresponding increase in power.

Thanks for the help also I was wondering if there was anywhere to find a diagram on the vaccum lines without emission controlled devices. I basically just want to remove the emissions devices its going to be an off road truck

Iccowboy34
There's a diagram under the hood. It's the emissions sticker, often next to the hood latch. Removing that stuff won't gain you anything as far as power but it could affect engine performance, depending on what you remove.