WONT START AND HAS NO POWER TO DASH

1985 Chevrolet Corvette • 156 miles

85 corvette - the headlights work including headlight motor. Replaced starter and battery and alternator is tested good what else could it be

Checked grounds was thinking its the ignition switch but no enough conclusive symptoms yet.
Remery54

Have you checked to see if there is power to the starter solenoid? Are you getting spark to the plugs?

When the key is turned there is nothing the interior lights work and the door chimes when the door is open and the key is in it. Before this I was driving and the car would shut down but start right back up and then I would shut the radio off and itd be fine and then id turn it on and itd die again. And finally the car just shut off while driving and havent got any progress since

Remery54
It could deal with the ignition switch itself, but you would have to run tests to confirm that is the problem. Make sure there are no blown fuses under the hood in the power distribution box.