TOYOTA SUPRA GAS PROBLEM

1984 Toyota Supra

1984 supra overheats, new fan & clutch, water pump, hoses, belts, thermostate, radiater cleaned, coolent temperature senser, bvsv, no water loss, checked with leak tester, no color change, 50/50 coolent, I can drive around about an hour before the temp starts to climb, top hose hard as a rock by then, still no water loss unless I pop cap, it will bubble out for at least 10 minutes, not always but when I shut off motor, it will fill up overflow tank & release fluid for a while

Sounds like a head gasket. If it is pushing coolant, you can almost bet thats what the problem is. The only other thing that comes to mind is that you might have pockets of air in the cooling system. Based on everything else you have said, Im leaning towards the headgasket.

Good luck.

PS- if it is the head gasket, make sure to have the cylinder head checked that it doesn't need to be planed/milled or you will be doing the headgasket again soon.

Blaze45