NISSAN TRUCK ENGINE PROBLEM

1984 Nissan Truck • 140,000 miles

Out of the blue, started having a rough idle. Had to increase the idle to around 1000 rpm's just to keep it running.
Found several vacuum hoses with cracked ends and replaced all one at a time. Removed the pcv valve and cleaned and tested, works fine. Used carb. Cleaner to clean carb and it stopped idling rough for a few minutes and
then went back to rough.

Check distributor and plugs.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a Carb problem-replace the base gasket and see what happens-also is this a Z24 NAPZ engine

Yes, Z24. Also checked the pcv valve yesterday and the egr valve. Both are good. This truck
does have a VVT (venturi vacuum transducer valve) which feeds the egr.

If I spray carb. Cleaning into the VVT, it seems to run normal for a minute. Also, if I spray
carb. Cleaner at the base of the carb. At the back of the unit the engine tries to die.

Mr. Tyler
Replace the base gasket than report back-try to die, when sprayed -it shouldn't do that if its not leaking-nothing will change-Let me know