BMW 733I HORN PROBLEM

1984 BMW 733i • 120,000 miles

Does not start sometimes. Sometimes start right away. Tach does not move when it does not start. Horn blows when turned off. Sometimes horn goes off in the middle of night until I disconnect power. Car has a trip, security, and other items computer with ability to set to not start and the horn will blow if electrical is messed with. Sometimes instruments work, and sometimes they do not work. I think it has to do with this computer or a connection
Clubbott@suddenlink.net

Is the horn beeping or just blowing?

Cadieman
It beeps when you turn the key off. It has started to blow twice for no reason when it is turned off. I have to disconnect the battery to make it stop. Later when I reconnect the power it will still blow until I turn the key on. The horn beeped when I was driving it one time. Starting is problem and sometimes it start right up.

Waiting for some answer

No answer, no money

Sorry I have been sick. I don't do this for the money. I just like helping people. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to. You will need to remove the horn pad. It sounds like the contact in the horn pad went bad. Simply remove it and see if your problem goes away. If it's still blowing then the problem is in the steering column. If it goes away then you will need to replace the horn contact in the pad. Try this and let me know what happens.

Cadieman