WHAT PROBLEMS WOULD BE CAUSED BY PUTTING IN TOO MUCH OIL ( 83 )?

1983 Porsche 911 • 98,000 miles

I replaced the oil from the bottom of the oil tank to the switch in the passenger fender. Then put in oil till the saw some on the dip stick. I thought I wopuld take the car to the car wash and get it warm the check the oil better. About a mile away it started to spit and sputter, like it was out of gas. Looking the rear view I saw a huge white cloud. I checked the oil and it was at the top. I took it home and drained some oil until it was right on dip stick. Now all I have is a car that makes huge smoke clouds. I starts right away and runs (only let run enough to get it in the garage).

Rbenh

Excessive oil can get pushed past the piston rings and wash into the cylinders. Since it doesn't burn as well as gasoline most of it will likely pool in the exhaust system where it will gradually vaporize and dissipate. I wouldn't panic just yet but you may have very few mosquitoes following you for a while.

The oil is coming out of the exhaust pipe so it appears to be pooling there. Having less mosquitoes it not a bad thing, but putting out a smoke cloud looks realy bad.

Rbenh
If I'm right the cloud will diminish over time.