NISSAN TRUCK CHOKE PROBLEM

1983 Nissan Truck • 18,300 miles

I Have a 83 nissan 720 pickup and it uns great but when I turn off the ignition after driving it. It takes a minute for the engine to shut down why is this it is only after I drive it only I can sit on idle forever and it will turn off fine to. What is th problem please help.
Devsay

Check yoru idle solenoid it may be idling to high and not shutting dow all the way idle should be shutdown with that and not idling by teh idle screw. Check for a vacuum leak as well and check vacuum delay valve as it may be leaking causing this.

I do not think it is the solenoid because I just put in a new weber carb but I will check for leaks and vacuum delay thanks

Devsay
Ok give all the details the next timethen check for the choke idle being on as well an duse choke cleaner to check for a vacuum leak spray it and if your rpm changes you found it. That includes all the hoses as well but check for cracking there. I have an MG with a weberon it and the idle screw is a little hard to reach but somethimes I see the choke linkage hanging up so yuse choke cleaenr on the fast idle cam to make sure it is free.

Okay it was a vacuum leak thank you for your help much appreciated

Devsay