MAZDA RX7 GAS PROBLEM

1983 Mazda RX7 • 79,427 miles

List of problems first of all I just cleaned out the the gas tank, installed all new rubber fuel line but not the steel parts I installed a new fuel pump and filter. That's about it. But I can't start the car without pouring gas in the carb and when it starts it smokes and runs for 5 minutes a low coolant light turns on but goes away quickly but after 5 minutes of running it dies. But when it starts dying I give it gas and it still dies? Can anyone help. Its a gs model 5 speed and all the vacuum lines to air filter are connected properly : /
Sheki28

Check the fuel pump. Since you need pour fuel into the carb, that would indicate fuel is not being pumped to it. That would result in the engine stalling after a few minutes.

Well I bought a new fuel pump and filter also I purged the gas lines and I know its getting gas because during the time its running I can rev it by then it dies. I was thinking of buying a carb rebuild kit. I really don't know

Sheki28
Disconnect the fuel supply line to the carb put it ibnto a container. Crank engine to test if fuel is being pumped into the container.

The carb might require servicing if fuel supply is good.