MAZDA RX7 CLUTCH PROBLEM

1983 Mazda RX7 • 80,000 miles

Hi I gave a 83 rx7 gs and I just got it running it was sitting. For 5 years and I drove it for a day and I parked it cuz the clutch would engage due to leaky master cylinder so I replaced master cylinder and line and slave cylinder and I drove it around the block and then it stopped on its own I started it up in nutral and when I let out the clutch it starts to die like its in gear. It doesn't move in nuetral but when I start letting clutch out it starts dying idk. But before all this it would drive perfectly but the granny would kinda whine in 1st 2nd and 3rd but not 4th or 5th but yea it goes in gear really rough and if I'm in any gear and start letting off clutch it starts to die but not move : (

You may have to just drive it a bit for every thing to fee up, is there any odd noise when you start to press in the clutch? I would also drain the fuel as it will be very stale replace the fuel filter and change oil and oil filter as well.

Mhpautos
Well I already replaced the fuel lines I cleaned the gas tank I replaced fuel filter rebuilt carb and changed the clutch master and slavre cylinder and lines the engine is fine the granny just seems like its stuck idk what it is and when I put the clutch in its quiet but when I let out it dies no matter what.

Sheki28
Alllso did coolant flush and oil change for motor

Sheki28
Gear box may be frozen, that is stuck due to not being used, will the car roll engine off in neutral?

Mhpautos
Yea in nuetral. I go to push it and it doesn't budge but then I hear a clunk and it rolls freely

Sheki28
Sounds like the gear box is hanging up on a syncro or a bearing is gummy, try changing the oil and driving, see if it frees up.

Mhpautos
Just bought sae 80w90 gear oil and a pump ill change it tomorrow and tell u how it goes thank you

Sheki28