WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD, THE DIGITAL DASH IS FLASHING ENGINE TEMPERTURE

1983 Lincoln Mark VI • 49,950 miles

I just purchased this 1983 Continental Mark VI 3 weeks ago. The car is a one owner and had 49,780 miles on it when I picked it up. Since it is an all original car, I intend on showing the car. I have it in the shop for A/C service and while sitting at idle the Engine Temp gauge is flashing. My mechanic replaced the temp sender which did not help. He also told me he disconnected several electrical connections and said for me to clean them when I get the car back (I am a retired Car guy and do a lot of my own work)I have been driving the car nearly every day since I purchased it. Any suggestion?
Thank You, Bob
Neiner

I would be looking at the connections at the dash. You may have a bad ground.

Why after 3 weeks of driving without a problem would this occur. Where do I look for the ground? I really appreciate any suggestions you have. I took it in for the A/C to be charged and the system was full. My mechanic suggested getting a clutch assembly, but then said he thought I should just get a new Compressor. I am going into a lot more expense then anticipated. Being retired my finances are limited. The car was sitting for a year, so I changed all fluids, new radiator hoses, all new Motorcraft ignition etc.

Neiner
Electronics can change or fail at anytime. Check the grounds at the battery. Bell housing and valve cover and inside the car on the post rims.

Thank You! I should have the car back tomorrow. I really think my mechanic screwed something up by disconnecting electrical connections. I will let you know what I find.
Have a Nice evening.
Bob

Neiner
You too.