LAMP CONTROL

1982 Toyota Cressida • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

The dashboard lights will not illuminate from my toyota cressida 2.2 DX built in 1982 when I switch on the ignition key there is coming current from my ignition key ill think that the lamp control part number 85965-0101 toyota 054700-0101 is defect can you give me an adress where I can get this relay I am living in holland
Rinus

If you are sure that is the problem, you need to contact a Toyota dealer. I would recommend doing it via the internet. Just google Toyota dealers and select one. Most have online stores you can order from.

I found out that this relay is not the problem can you give me an adress where ican get one wiring diagram from a cressida 2.2 DX built in 1982 diesel version

Best regards Rinus

Rinus
What specific part of the schematic do you need. I will try to find one for you.

Ill need the part where the dashbord lamps from the ignition key contact to the dashbord lights this is wired trough junction box j1 in the cabin of the car

Rinus
I can't believe it. Even my online resource doesn't have information on this vehicle. My last chances is this. I will run to my parents house where I stored old Chiltons manuals. I should have an import manual for the early 80's. That is when I started collecting them. Hell, if I have one, I'll send it to you. I really don't have a use for it anymore. Do me a favor, let me know if you already have one so I can save the trip. If you don't, I'll run out and check. If I have the one you need, I can send it to you. It should still be in really good shape because I didn't do much with imports then and there wern't that many on the road. At least not like today.

Let me know if you already have one. I'll try to get it sent ASAP if you don't. (Listen, realizing you don't know me from the man on the moon, I understand if you don't want to give an address. I would feel uncomfortable too. I can try to scan pages for you if that would make you feel more comfortable. Just let me know.)

Hi Joe,

Sory for the delay, but i'am on my work now.
No I dont have a manual for this car, If you can ship it will help me very much

You can ship it to my work adress.

R. Van Vliet | Teamleider Facility | Universiteit Utrecht | Facilitair Service Centrum | Facility Management | Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht | Po box 80125, 3508 TC Utrecht the netherlands|

Best regards

Rinus

Rinus
Wow! I thought you were in the US. Let me see what I can find tonight after work. I don't know what time difference we are on, but I will get back to you.

I reviewed my manuals, and they have nothing for wiring schematics in them either. The best thing I can say at this point is to contact a dealer for the information. I am really sorry that I can't find it for you.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hi Joe,

Tryed to get it from the local toyota dealer, they said that this an to old type of car and they don't have any documantion any more.
If you have a Chilton manual for this car, I would be very pleased if y can by this from you.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards Rinus

Rinus
I would be happy to give it to you. The only problem is getting the book to you. It has several types of imports from that time period. I hardly used it, so it is in good condition. I live in the US and am concerned that it may cost more to send it to you than it would be for you to purchase one. I figured if you were in the US, I would have been able to ship it for around 5USD or less. I have no idea what it would cost to send it to the Netherlands. I will be glad to contact the post office and check. If it isn't too much, like I said, I would be happy that someone could get use from it.

If you don't hear from me within a couple days, get back to me. I have been having computer problems and losing addresses.

Take care, and I speak with you soon.