4AGE 20 VALVE ENGINE

1981 Toyota Corolla • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

Hi, im from TRinidad. Im doing a project, a 1982 toyota corolla ke70 and im putting in a toyota 20 valve engine but the distributor bounces on the fire wall. Tell me how can I fit my engine, eliminating the distributor and using coil packs
Esan

If I were you I would just hammer out a slight depression into the firewall where the distributor is hitting. It would probably only need to be ¼ inch deep or so. Besides I think most aftermartket distributorless ignition systems are fairly expensive. Also they involve installing a mounting plate on the front of the engine to hold the crank angle sensors and removing the front pulley to add the crank angle sensor plate. By the way I have never heard of a 20 valve Toyota motor. If it’s a 4 cylinder that would come out to 5 valves per cylinder and it would not work out at all on a 6 or 8 cylinder.

Slobeachboy
Thanks for the response. Its a 4AGE 20valve, 4trottle engine by Toyota. Google it.

Esan
Yes I already read up on that particular engine although I have not been able to find photos of the cylinder head yet. I’m really curious to see how they situated the valve train. Having one of the intake valves not in line with the other two I cant imagine how they manage to actuate all 3 of them from just one of the overhead camshafts. Anyway quite an engineering feat.

Slobeachboy