WHY AM I SMELLING UNBURNED GASOLINE?

1981 Porsche 924 • 150,000 miles

Smell is worst when filling up, fuel injectors are running fine, gasoline sludge built up around the injector that is inside the gas tank and I believe it drips from this connection. I've tightened it, but I'm still getting a smell. Is there a common quick fix? Do I need to replace all the fuel related hoses just to be safe?
Kylescaffidi

Before doing anything, find out where the leak is at. Then you can determine what needs to be done. Do it asap to prevent a fire.

I believe I've stopped the leak from the injector, but are there any vent hoses or fuel hoses that could be causing the smell?

Kylescaffidi
Sure, there are hoses at the tank and at the fuel rail.

How did you stop the leak at the injectors?

Well whoever changed the hoses last didn't tighten down the injector into the gas tank. I simply tightened it with a wrench Haha.

Kylescaffidi
This is a shot of the injector, I need to tighten it further, but I can't do that because of the hose is full of gasoline. Is the a drain plug somewhere that I can empty the tank?

Kylescaffidi