JEEP CJ7 ENGINE PROBLEM

1981 Jeep CJ7 • 97,000 miles

81 CJ7, 4.2 Engine starts fine runs until it warms up, then starts to sputter then dies. I have to wait for the engine to cool off then it will repeat the same symptoms. I rebuilt the carb, had alot of goop in the float area, still same result. Where do I go next?

Check ignition go to how to repair it shold be coveed under tune up how to check it. Also check fuel pressure and for flow.

THIS IS WHILE IT IDLES OR GOING DOWN THE ROAD?

IS YOUR FUEL SYSTEM STILL ST UP WITH THE 3 PORT FUEL FILTER, AS IN MY PICS BELOW?

YOUR CARB HAS A STEEPER MOTOR ON THE BACK LIKE THE BBD ON THE RIGHT, IN MY LAST PIC

CAN YOU SEND PICS FROM UNDER YOUR HOOD---SO I CAN SEE EACH SIDE OF THE ENGINE--A VIEW FROM THE TOP----WITH THE BREATHER REMOVED IN EACH PIC

THE MORE THE MERRIER!

INCLUDE A PIC OF THE WHOLE JEEP---I LIKE TO SEE WHAT GETS PULLED IN BESIDE "WILLY" IN MY GARAGE!

MORE DETAILED INFO INCLUDING HISTORY/ MODIFICATIONS IS VERY HELPFUL---I WRITE NOVELS BACK---I RESPOND BACK FOREVER----I'LL HELP YOU WITH ANY CJ ISSUE, JUST KEEP REPLYING TO THIS POST----LET THIS BE YOUR NOVEL TO ME