WHY ITS NOT GETTING SPARK

1981 Dodge Ram • 64,000 miles

My 81 dodge w150 is not getting spark ive replaced the coil, cap, rotor, wires, and plugs but still no spark wondering what could be wrong
Caleb774

Ground the coil wire and crank engine over are you getting spark? Let me know

Could you further explain I just know basics not a very good mechanic yet just learning

Caleb774
Disconnect the coil wire on the distributor and have helper crank engine over -you ground the coil wire to a good ground point and see if you get a snapping blue spark. Also review this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

There is no spark coming from the coil wire

Caleb774
Check the distributor pick-up coil and also the ignition control module-

Another question on the coil would the positive side have wires running to the distributor or would that be negative

Caleb774
Also where would the ignition control module be located

Caleb774
There's wire from the coil going back to the distributor both pos and neg-see below

The pick-up and the ICM is inside the distributor

Note: I suggest you get a repair manual-

I looked inside the distributor then looked at autozone to see what the parts looked like the things in the distributor didnt look any thing like that but every thing inside is all rusty

Caleb774
You probably have to replace the distributor